Wednesday, February 25

You never stop.....

You never stop worrying about your children.

When a baby is born we parent's worry about them constantly.... First thing is counting their fingers & toes and hearing that cry. Next it is making sure they are breathing when they are sleeping. Later ~ are we causing them emotional harm by not picking them up when they cry? As our wee one grows the worry turns to strangers, running out in the street, falling off a bike or just getting their feelings hurt. Then we have to worry about riding in cars with friends as well as driving a car. We are always worrying that they don't love us..... that we were too strict or too lenient even.

Then there is the worry when they are all grown up. (Married even) I still worry about them driving in cars ~ if I hear about an accident on a highway one of my children MAY have been traveling on I call them to check on them. If they leave my company headed home, I always ask if they will please call me when they arrive ~ you never know who else is on that road. Oh, and I'm still worrying that they will get their feelings hurt!!! I guess some of the worry is the same with a new twist! And yes, someone has fallen down a flight of stairs in front of me, cut a finger bad enough to go to the emergency room, miscarried, almost broke an ankle....... All as adults. So, the worry continues ~ You just want them to be safe & happy! happy! happy!

I have three children and I plan on being their Angel of Worry forever.
Good thing Angels have help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment