Monday, June 1

Woa NANA!!

I recently had the pleasure of helping my daughter Camille prepare for her first child, my first grandson. She has been having contractions strong enough to cause concern, but not strong enough that labor was progressing. When they saw they could not completely stop them and she was not going to deliver they let her stay at home and be cautious and careful, but not total bed rest. Thus I got to "watch" her when her husband, Daniel, worked over the past two weeks ~ staying at their house in Chattanooga with them off and on.

Camille and I worked together.... she sitting and making decisions about things and me washing the baby clothes, etc. I am amazed at all the cool stuff for babies these days. I just want to buy it all for Aaron!!! I have to watch myself in the stores.... I just browse the aisles as if it is "I" having the baby. OOOing and Ahhhhing at it all. The softness of the fabrics is heavenly. The designs fun. The functionality of some of the items is plain amazing ~ what I would have given for the car seat / stroller duo back in the day!!

At my own home we are finishing up remodeling the area that Aaron and his parents will stay when they visit. In thinking of what to do for Aaron I remember seeing this tiny crib at a local baby store. While I like the pack 'n play theory, this just looks more comfy....it is based on the old fashion "porta crib", only this one resembles today's modern cribs ~ just not as long & wide.
Nana had to have one. The best part was I had to also order special size /color bumper pads & sheets. That will keep me from trying to theme things like a real nursery..... after all.... I am just the Nana!! And if the next one is a girl ~ she will be just as cozy sleeping on the color I picked.

Momma Camille, rein me in before I buy it all !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment