Tuesday, August 11

Never TOO many good ones

Last night I had dinner with two high school friends.
Last week I joined a group of friends that were in the Mother's of Twins Club with me 27 years ago.
Today I have a "spa day" with a friend that I've known for 30 years.
You can never have TOO MANY good friends
.

One thing I have noticed is how they each fill a different place in my heart, my soul, my mind. You can be apart for YEARS and then just pick up and talk the night / day away, as if we just spoke yesterday. That is a good friend. One that
does not demand your presence in every way, but one that embraces you and what you have to share when you come together. And shares back.

I love the perspective we can give one another. From the heart, but honest. Honest advice, honest questions. Not afraid of being honest. No middle school crying about how "she won't like me". No DRAMA except our own.



There is a sad part of friendships too. When they seem to drift away.... where the only glue holding you together was the event you were mutually involved in. Then they become acquaintance's. You still have this tug at your heart when you see them, but nothing that really pulls you back in. For a time I yearned for some of these friends ~ but then I learned to take what they "gave" to me and let it become part of me. Like "letting your light shine through me". Feeling blessed to have had that time to know their spirit.

Hugs to ALL my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment