Saturday, August 11

Nana Duty

Last month I had the opportunity to be blessed with a long weekend of Nana Duty in Chattanooga. I love babysitting when the momma and daddy are away!! Grands act a little different when they are released from the watchful eye of parents. 

Now, I am not saying I had it easy breezy.... there were a few screaming meltdowns. (One said three year old is not a fan of hair washing) And much like the twin toddlers of 1985, the two boys fed off one another ~ One screams and cries, the other one screams and cries. Little grand is quite sensitive to the outdoor voice his brother uses when he is unhappy.  

My biggest disappointment of the weekend was the weather. Not much chance for outside play until Sunday, when mom & dad were returning. We did hit the mall, which has an indoor play area. And a food court. Hello Chick-fil-a! I fed both boys PBJ sandwiches before we left and then they both devoured chicken strips and lemonade. 

Bedtime was pretty easy.... both boys were tired each night. That could have something to do with the fact that Nana is not a pro at time management. Hey, if you are getting the love from two precious boys ~ who wants to give that up??? Oh, and clocks. Only clock I see is the the one hanging in the boys bedroom. And the microwave. But, with the slightly later bedtime came a later morning rising! And no one got up in the middle of the night! 

At the end of the weekend, I was one happy Nana with 'Grand Love' in my heart.  







No comments:

Post a Comment